Foundation - Seat
SKOYFA 50, 106 72
Tel.: 210 36 36 311 – 210 36 10 214
Fax: 210 36 10 210
The Association of Co-operative Banks of Greece (ACBG) was founded on 22.7.1995 upon the initiative of Co-operative Banks of Lamia, Ioannina, Pancretan and Achaia as well as of the Credit Co-operative of Corinth ''HERMES''.
The Association is member of the European Association of Co-operative Banks (GEBC) and International Co-operative Banks Association (ICBA).
Today ACBG consists of 10 members 7 of which are Co-operative Banks, and 3 Credit Co-operatives. It is managed by an 10-membered Board of Directors that is elected by the General Assembly, which also elects a 3-membered Supervisory Board.
The operational axes of the Association of Co-operative Banks of Greece are summarised in the following directions:
- The planning and implementation of policies for the promotion and development of the Co-operative Credit system, in all the regions of Greece.
- The creation of a framework and the prerequisites for a narrower and more efficient collaboration of Co-operative Banks and Credit Co-operatives and the creation of a Co-operative Credit network.
- The representation of Co-operative Credit in the institutional instruments of State.
- The constant intervention to claim solutions for the significant problems that concern Co-operative Credit and obstruct its development.
- The support of Co-operative Banks and Credit Co-operatives in educational, legal and organisational matters.
The development of ties and partnerships with Co-operative Banks abroad.
- The growth of Interco-operative partnership and the promotion of Social Economy in our country.
- The Board of Directors of the Association of Co-operative Banks of Greece, based on the financial results or the action undertaken by the Co-operative Banks and Credit Unions in Greece as well as on their contribution in the development of the local economies where they are activated, estimates that Co-operative Credit in our country has achieved sufficient organisation and adequate capital base and has acquired the characteristics and maturity that allow it to successfully respond to the new and constantly changing banking reality.
©2020 ΕΝΩΣΗ ΣΥΝΕΤΑΙΡΙΣΤΙΚΩΝ ΤΡΑΠΕΖΩΝ ΕΛΛΑΔΟΣ